We’re thrilled to announce this year’s winning stories of The Asian Writer Short Story Prize 2018.
- First prize – Formations by Mona Dash
- Second prize – Savour the Moment by Nilesha Chauvet
Stories on this year’s shortlist include:
- Gulab Jaman by Hana Riaz
- Bed Blocker No. 10 by Selma Carvalho
- Beginnings and Endings by Sidra Ansari
- Mango Pickle by Farhana Khalique
As always it was delightful to read new writing and to see what writers made of our theme of food. Commiserations to those who didn’t make it on the list. Due to the lack of entries that made this year’s shortlist we have decided not to publish an anthology this year. Instead we will be honouring winners at a special readings event – details to follow.
The first prize winner wins £100 national book token. The second prize winner wins £50.